Re: Ceratophyllum demersum

I just brought a handful of this plant from a lake in the Pocono Mts. here in
Pa, which was for the most part overrun with (what I think) is egeria. The
egeria was growing profusely throughout the entire lake, but here and there
you could see small pieces of the c. demersum. Fishing under areas where
there was coverage of egeria and algae fluff and other scum around the
shoreline, I found a bit of this plant growing underneath the other stuff.
Apparently, it can adapt to lower light conditions.

After bringing it home, I stuck it in a new setup, in a window tank, with a
lone betta. It is losing it's leaves but new growth is appearing. I just hope
it weathers the algae storm that appeared in short order and looks like it's
engulfing the tank. I figure this may not be a good setup for an
algae-eater-less tank.

:-/
Sylvia

Sylvia