Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V4 #411

> Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2000 15:33:03 -0700
> From: Merrill <merrill34 at home_com>
> Subject: Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V4 #411
>
> George Booth's Evaporation Problem solved
>
> Just attach a Meridian Automatic Aquarium Water Changer to your aquarium
> or to your "well" under the aquarium and turn it on for the required
> time to replace your evaporation.  It changes 5 gallons per hour, so you
> can even hook it up to a garden hose timer for the amount of time to
> replace the evaporated water.  It's an ideal project for you.

Thanks, Merrill, that may solve someone else's evap problem, but it doesn't help
us very much. Our three tanks are in our living room (2) and dining room. We
can't very well have three sets of hoses running around the house on a permanent
basis, can we?  Even if we had three facets available to hook up to.

I keep a gallon jug of water handy. I spend 10 minutes each morning adding Dupla
drops and topping off water and inspecting the tanks. A pleasant way to start
the day, actually.

Yes, yes, I know, most of you don't have an extra 10 minutes in the morning.
We've been through this before. Hey, get out of bed on the third "snooze" cycle
instead of the fifth!  <G>

George Booth in Ft. Collins, Colorado (booth at frii_com)
  http://www.frii.com/~booth/AquaticConcepts