Re: AGA Content Rules

On Fri, 14 Jul 2000, Jared Weinberger wrote:

> I wanted to point out the images in the "Sample Entry" for the AGA contests
> have a copyright notice and name (perhaps intensionally since they are up
> on the Web). However in the Photo Guidelines section I read "Images
> submitted should not have the photographer's name or Copyright Notice
> superimposed over the image" This discrepancy might be misleading.

Thanks for posting this (and giving us yet another opportunity to plug the
event! :)

The reason for this is that the copyright will be added directly on the
image by us for the versions posted on the web for all to view, but the
images seen by the judges (for obvious reasons) must not have a name
burned into it, and published images will have photograph credit printed
as appropriate for the magazine (often rotated 90 degrees and offset
into the inner margin of the page).

I'm forwarding this to the showcase discussion list.  It's too late to
really do anything about this for this year's run, but maybe can make it
onto our online FAQ or next year's guidelines.

  - Erik
    (wearing my http://showcase.aquatic-gardeners.org hat today)

--
Erik Olson