Re: O'Sullivan's rolling riccia hedges

>From: osullivan at ameritech_net
>Subject: creating Riccia hedges
>>Can anyone give me a good description of the process of creating those
>"Amano" style Riccia hedges?  Supposedly you're supposed to place the
>piece of Riccia on the gravel and sprinkle some gravel over it to hold
>it down and then some Hairgrass planted around it is supposed to hold it
>in place?  I'm confused as to whether you shove the hairgrass stalks
>right through the patches of riccia or between them or what.  Can anyone
>help?

Plant the hairgrass first, in the overall pattern you want them to take.
Then, take tweezers and use them to place "riccia fan fragments" deep in
b/n the hairgrass leaves.  You don't have to use pebbles to hold the riccia
down.  Best to use a rreeeaaalll sslloooowww growing hairgrass type to
limit any possible invasion problems.

See my NEW AQUARIUM HARDWARE & TOOLKIT:
HOMEPAGE:  http://www.floridadriftwood.com
eBay specials;  http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/boukmn/