[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V4 #404
- To: Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com
- Subject: Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V4 #404
- From: joeah at webtv_net (Joe Hildreth)
- Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 10:03:32 -0400 (EDT)
- In-Reply-To: Aquatic-Plants-Owner at actwin_com (Aquatic Plants Digest)'smessage of Wed, 12 Jul 2000 03:48:02 -0400 (EDT)
On the subject of green water, I havn't experienced it for many years.
When I last experienced it, I did a massive water change of 80% and
added more fast gowing plants such as water sprite. Check the fish load
and keep it moderate. Keep feeding moderate. Keep all fertilization
moderate and find the balance where your plants will grow and algae is
If you havn't changed water in a while, it is safer to first change 20%,
wait 2 days and then change 40%, wait 2 days and then change 80%. I
raise discus and rams with my plants, so I regularly change 50-80% of
the water on a weeky basis.