re: light intensity

I'm not one of the old timers on this list, but here's my 2 cents worth. I have about 5 watts/gallon VHO full spectrum lighting on my 125 and 65 gallon densley planted tanks. Icecap ballasts. CO2 injection. TMG supplementation. No algae except a small bit of BBA in the overflows where the SAEs and shrimp can't get to it. The reds seem to intensify with this light level. Riccia grows like crazy. I may set up a 90 gallon with two 110 watt CF fixtures and see what a lower light intensity will do.
Dave