Re: Reliable test kits

on 01:48 AM 7/11/00 , Peter wrote:

>I find the Hagen test kits good.  They are consistant and well made.  Well
>made as in they give you different sized bottles depending on how much
>chemical you use.
>None of the 2 drops of bottle #1 and 5 drops of bottle #2 with both bottles
>the same size... thus having one empty twice as fast as the other and you
>having to buy a new kit.

I was going to mention something about the new Hagen test kits. I'm really
impressed with them. Their pH kit is the only kit I've found whose colors
actually resemble the ones on the chart.

They have an Iron kit that reads with a clear blue color in one minute.
There is a second reagent that can be added to detect chelated iron, which
takes 30 minutes.

The results on the chelated iron test match the ones I get with the Sera
test and a 4-hour wait, and it matches the immediate Sera results for
non-chelated (i.e. Flourish) iron. You have to interpolate a bit to read
small quantities, but my iron tests focus on "some" or "none" or "way too
much" so that's not a problem.

Also, all of their test kits come with a nice fat 5 ml syringe for filling
up the test tube. No more dipping and shaking.

--
michael moncur   mgm at starlingtech_com   http://www.starlingtech.com/
"Let's have some new cliches."                -- Samuel Goldwyn