Re: Booth's Electrostim... IT'S A TRICK! ... BEWARE!! BEWARE!!!

> Booth wrote:
> >I believe I did some research on this back in 1994. The results are
> > archived at:
> > >http://www.frii.com/~booth/AquaticConcepts/Humor/Electrostim.htm
> > >George Booth in Ft. Collins, Colorado (booth at frii_com)

Dwight <boukmn at mindspring_com> responded:
> > He gets a MAJOR kick out of this prank at least once a year! Usually
> 'round
> > April 4th!  It SOUNDS so devilishly logical...you WANT to believe it!
> It
> > has just enough logic in there add his own status as an expert and it
> > suspends your disbelief...and sucks you in!!!  IT'S FIENDISH!!!  E's
> > already claimed one victim... don't let 'im get YOU!! >:-)

Dwight's right.  When I first read that post back in '94, it
completely sucked me in.  I had been to his house and
seen his tanks (they are quite impressive), and his experiment
seemed so real at the time.  I actually read the conclusion,
paused, and tried to rationalize heavy metal aggregation in
tissue that may cause this to happen!

The word, "fiendish" is right on.

Since I've been such a sucker in the past, I still haven't figured
out after all these years if that post about exhaling into a garbage
bag with an air pump blowing CO2 into the tank was a joke or
not.   Well, was it?  I actually set that up to figure it out, but my
results were inconclusive.

--charley
charleyb at cytomation_com

P.S.--  BTW, I hold the title of the only person on planet Earth
that has stiffed George and Karla out of $20 for their book (it
was $15 at that time.)  What's more, is that I stiffed them for
a couple years before I actually apologized and paid back the
money with interest and penalties in 1997 or so....  sorry
about that,  George.