[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V4 #392
- To: Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com
- Subject: Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V4 #392
- From: joeah at webtv_net (Joe Hildreth)
- Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2000 10:11:27 -0400 (EDT)
- In-Reply-To: Aquatic-Plants-Owner at actwin_com (Aquatic Plants Digest)'smessage of Fri, 7 Jul 2000 03:48:04 -0400 (EDT)
On the subject of long term substrate slowing down after 12-18 months, I
have notice the same thing in most of my tanks. After many years of
keeping plants in a soil based substrate, i know that if I replace the
old substrate with new soil, the tank will be very robust for another
year. Currently, I am working with substrates that are 2 or more years
old trying to keep things growing in an acceptable manner.
I would appreciate hearing opinions on what has changed in older
substrates and how we plant keepers can maintain an older substrate.
15 Cedar Street