Re:Metal Halide Lights

Rayond Wong writes:

> Can Metal Halide Lights be mounted on a 45 degree angle from the celing and
>  produce sufficient lighting for my tank with a  depth of 25"?
>  thanks

The local hydroponics distributor wants me to spend a year's pay on lights
that travel across the ceiling in order to imitate the sun's movement through
the sky.  Now that's trick, huh? If you are talking about mounting them in
front of the tank, so they strike at a 45º angle, then sure.  You actually
may get more light to the lower regions of the tank, because a lot of the
light will enter the water at or near the bottom.  If you want to hang them
directly over the tank and tip them back so they aren't in your eyes, then
probably no.  The only light that would reach the tank would be reflected off
the wall.  Or are you thinking alons some entirely different line altogether?

Bob Dixon
Cichlid Trader List Administrator
http://cichlidtrader.listbot.com