substrate heating and water temp

Seeing this thread come up again about substrate heating leads me to wonder
how much folks who start using this method are seeing their water
temperatures climb.  I am running some tanks which are already running
pretty hot (in Austin, TX., no central AC, hot lights baking the tank all
day).  Is it advisable to try to cool the water down if using this method
under these conditions? It's only really an issue between May and Spetember;
I heat the tank the rest if the year.

Thanks all,
-D.