strip heaters

Hello all..  More product-type inquiries...

Another skill I have recently decided to acquire is making tank components (and eventually tanks) out of acrylic.  I've been told that, for bending acrylic sheet, a heat gun will do the job, but a strip heater is better.  Unfortunately, any plastics distributor within an hour drive time of me is commercial-only.  So, I went on-line, and have been confronted with an amazing number of products, most of which I have no clue as to their utility in this application.  Can anyone 1) recommend a particular product, 2) give me a hint on what kind of specifications I am looking for, or 3) point me to a good mail order company?

Thanks

Dave Gauthier
gauthier at vims_edu