[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V4 #385
- To: <Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com>
- Subject: Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V4 #385
- From: Susan <snotabby at earthlink_net>
- Date: Wed, 05 Jul 2000 10:22:47 +0000
- In-Reply-To: <200007041948.PAA09362 at actwin_com>
- User-Agent: Microsoft Outlook Express Macintosh Edition - 5.01 (1630)
on 7/4/00 7:48 PM, Aquatic Plants Digest at Aquatic-Plants-Owner at actwin_com
> Hello everyone:) I have a large piece of driftwood
> 36"x16"x20" that I pulled out of a back woods fresh
> water river and I was wondering about steralizing it.
It wouldn't work in this case since the piece is too large, but for smaller
pieces I've microwaved them.
You _CANNOT_ walk away from this process. I don't know what would happen if
you left the wood cooking for too long, but I'd bet it would be unpleasant.
The wood heats up pretty quick--a minute or so as I recall on small pieces.
As soon as I get a woody scent I remove it. Use potholders to remove it, the
wood gets hot enough to cause discomfort <g>