Re: algae control/H2O2

On Sat, 1 Jul 2000, Tom Barr wrote:

> Sure. I am thinking of adding it in my sump but you could hand it up on the
> wall and drip it in a small tank or dose it manually with your doses of
> liquid iron etc to se if that may work better.
> It shouldn't hurt much if I overdose?

Tom,

Other folks on this list have experimented with peroxide before, both as a
dip in the place of chlorine bleach and as a tank additive.  Their results
are in the archive.

As I recall, peroxide can be added at low levels successfully.  However,
it's an aggressive oxidant and an overdose can kill things -- algae,
plants and critters -- so experiment with care.

Roger Miller