Re: Lighting questions

With all the talk about the lighting issues, I thought I would share a quick story.  I bought a couple of the lights of america cheapie capacitor/electronic ballast lights.  I got the 48" version to go over my 55 gallon tank.  After using this for a little while I replaced them with a better set-up with a hood.

I needed more light over a 20 gallon tank so I pulled the plastic ends off the metal reflector, cut the reflector in half, put the two plastic ends back on and started using 24" bulbs.

It fits very well over a 20 gallon tank and the bulbs have run well for over a year in this set-up with no side effects.

Chris