Outdoor plant tank

I'm wondering what's killing off all my pennywort.  I had a tankful and
decided to keep it outside temporarily. I haven't paid a lot of attention to
it, just added water occasionally and just today noticed it's a small
fraction, in quantity, of what I had just 2 weeks ago. Leaves have melted or
fallen apart and the stems disintegrated. I recall some discussion about
algaecides used in hosing material, and wonder if this could be the cause. I
used fresh water from the hose, rather than tank water because of some algae
growth which I didn't want to encourage. Another possibility is extreme
temperature changes? I didn't think it was a particularly sensitive plant.

Thanks,

Sylvia