Re: Flouride

I'm not sure flouride will harden eggs. It is toxic though, and can cause
numerous health problems in humans, and I would suppose fish as well. There
is an ongoing crusade in some towns to petition and get their local
municipalities to stop flouridating the water. I recall many years ago some
European country began flouridating water and when they noticed deleterious
effects on the health of the population they discontinued it.

I use a solid carbon block filter (for drinking & fish tank use) that
supposedly removes many tap water pollutants. For a while they sold a filter
which was capable of removing flouride also, but discontinued it pending
further research.

Otherwise any RO unit or deionizing unit would remove it, I would think.

Sylvia