Re: Snails

Brenda,

I would be very happy to send you these snails. Anybody know how to send
X-large snails so they don't get crushed in transit?

I'm not sure they won't do much plant damage though . . . I'm glad I took all
the pennywort out of the tank I put them into. I left only a tankful of
watersprite and some bolbitis. They consumed all the watersprite, roots and
all, and when I noticed one on the bolbitis, I quickly snatched it out and
saved it (the bolbitis, I mean). The snail was wrapped around the wood and
plant, sucking the bolbitis stem in the (mouth?) and consuming it before my
eyes. Yes, it was eating it, stem and all!

They'd be perfect for a pond, I'd think, especially if you have lots of algae
growing in there. If not, toss 'em a box of frozen spinach every few days or
so . . .

Believe it or nor, I did check with Walmart to see if they'd take them. They
won't, for disease purposes, take fish or snails, and put them back in their
tank. I haven't noticed these types of snails sold anywhere else. I'd be
happy to find them a good home.

Sylvia