Re: subsoil

I personally would bake or boil.

I recently set up a small plant-only tank with some playsand that had been
outside. A short time (within 2 weeks?) I began seeing little wormlike things
crawling around on the plants.

(On top of recent worm sightings, I couldn't tolerate any more. I ripped it
apart, boiled the sand, cleaned the tank, and did a light bleaching on the
plants).

Perhaps this would not be a problem to some others, just my personal opinion.

Sylvia