Re: APD V4 #356 - RubberMaid Containers

> Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 17:36:44 -0400
> From: "Ron Barter"

>     Does anybody else use Rubbermaid garbage cans to
> store water for changes, or perhaps more specifically, has
> doing so caused anybody any problems?
>
> ...I've changed nothing in the tank except the water, and am
> concerned that the plastic garbage cans are leaching
> something toxic into the water. I filled and drained the cans
> for several months before using them, but now am
> wondering if this wasn't enough.

>> Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 22:44:06 -0800
>> From: "Thomas Barr"
>>
>> I've used them for wet/dry containers for years.

I have a 32-gallon that's my peat "reactor" - RO/DI water circulating with
garden peat - a 13-gallon that holds my self-mixed Lake Tanganyika water for
"aging", and a 22-gallon bin that houses my redworms.

All in all, a pretty good mix and range of conditions with no demonstrated
ill effects...

-Y-

David A. Youngker
nestor10 at mindspring_com