Re:Plant deterioration

I bet its the plecostomus.  IME,they are specially fond of echinodorus
but won't  touch nana or coffeefolia.  You can buy time by feeding pleco
tabs and jicama or zucchini to assuage the craving for
cellulose..ultimately, as they get bigger, consider trading back to the
LFS for a smaller one.

BTW, I love plecos. For keeping the glass clean and the tufts of algae
out os sight , nuthin beats em.

I have 4 18 inchers in my cattle trough now that will need a deserving
home in the fall.

Erdoz
North of Houston, where the rainfall in June has been a godsend for our
skinny cattle and parched pastures