aponogentons?

I ran across a stemless bulb in my substrate. It has to be either an
aponogenton or an Amazon Sword.  I had it in a pot of gravel and
laterite in the main tank for weeks but no action.  It was lost or
buried for months before that. Now it is in a tank with a few hardies
awaiting decisions.

Questions: 1)Short of tearing up the plants and comparing roots, how do
I tell if it is lost Sword or a lost Apono?

2)The bulb is clearly still ok, no rot or odor adn newish looking roots,
but if I tuck it in the veggie crisper like I read I should do with an
Apono, would that kill it if is in NOT an aponogention?

TIA

troi

PS, About these Apono seeds...