AARRGGG!!! THERE ARE BUGS IN MY TANK!!!

THERE ARE BUGS IN MY TANK!!!!!
I took the top off my 20 gallon to do a water change and, sitting all over
the plants that rest on the surface, were 100s of little bugs!!!!

To the naked eye, these bugs have six legs; the main part of their body is
round to oval in nature, and is capped off with a tiny little head that has
two antennas extending off the front. The larger ones (roughly 1 or 2 mm in
size) appear to be tanish in color, while the littlest ones look white to
clear.

They seem more at home on the plants (above the water) then they do
swimming. I would even go as far to say that they seem to be doing what
they can to remain on the plants.

I know this is not the best description, but if it's hard to see these
things with the naked eye.