Large eye

I just got the new shaft for my eheim filter for the impellor and it is back
on my tank.. something is definately very wrong.. not only is my otto sick
but now just looking today one of my dwarf gouramis eyes is totally blown up
!  This happens in aquaculture sometimes and is called exothalmia and isn't
fully understood but can be caused by a sever nitrogen concentration in the
water.. it usually goes away with good water quality .. I think tomorrow
I'll have to tear down my tanks and do a major water change and replanting
*sigh*...

Jon Hammond