Re: Dow silicone

Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2000 08:43:31 -0400
From: "Schenck, Lyndle" <lschenck at dcscorp_com>
Subject: Cork Background and Silicone
Is there a toxicity problem in using Dow-Corning Silicone sealant to attach
cork plates to the back glass?  The tube of silicone is for home application
and does not say anything about mildew resistance but it also does not say
anything about "aquarium use".<<

Well, I know little about silicone, and found it all very confusing when
shopping for it. What I ended up doing to attach corkBARK was using Dows
Aquarium silicone to be safe, which comes in a small toothpaste like tube.
If you are like me, you may find using a calking gun to be a big pain in the
butt. This little tube is much easier to handle, and if you are just going
to attach a few peices thats all you really need anyway.  You can see
details of my project at http://www.aquabotanic.com/chronology.htm I need to
update the status of the tank, its now a thriving rainbow fish tank, and the
plants have grown out considerably.

Robert Paul H
http://www.aquabotanic.com
An ever growing selection of plants, equipment, SAEs, Substrate Gold