RE: killing mycobacteria

ASparrow wrote:
> Our microbiologist has tested the effectiveness of bleach on mycobacteria and found it > doesn't lill myco. We use nolvasan or maxima.

Last year I had an outbreak of what I "think" was Mycobacteriosis. While
searching for a cure (all ineffective, btw) I came across a small blurb
(from, I believe, the vet at the Baltimore Aquarium. Might be wrong
there.), stating that after the bleach treatment, they sprayed all
surfaces with Isopropyl Alcohol and let it dry (They were adamant about
letting it dry). I followed this procedure and have not had a
recurrence.

Augie Eppler
Green Cove Springs, Fl.