[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Removing clown plecos from a plant tank
- To: <Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com>
- Subject: Re: Removing clown plecos from a plant tank
- From: Dinyar Lalkaka <lalkaka at bellatlantic_net>
- Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 17:13:25 -0400
- In-Reply-To: <200005311948.PAA21417 at actwin_com>
- User-Agent: Microsoft-Outlook-Express-Macintosh-Edition/5.02.2022
>>> Does anyone have suggestions on how to catch clown plecos in a heavily
>>> planted tank? I prefer solutions that fall short of dynamiting the tank
>>> and then picking them up off the floor.
For bottom dwelling catfish in heavily planted tanks, the technique that has
worked best for me is to set up a large net at one end of the tank, then to
use my hands to chase the fish into it. Even better, use a pipe with one
closed end. The fish will naturally seek refuge in the pipe, which can then
be removed with the fish in place.