Algae ID

> ------------------------------

Thanks, Paul.

I think I them all.

The stuff on the Cabomba is as you say.  I seems ot grow only on the
highest "leaves" of the Cambomba and on the uppermost leaves of my
otherwise fat and sassy Apon (into its third blooming shoot in the few
months I have had the tank going).  I pruned off the biggest, tallest
leaves of both the Apon and th Cambomba to get rid of the worst of the
algae. The smaller Apon, lower in the tank, has never developed the
algae.I suppose this bleach treatment involves removing the plant form
the aquarium. Too bad, I just finished rearranging the tank and don't
want to disturb either the fish or the plants again for awhile.

I have a branching thicker stemmed algea that grows lower in the tank,
mostly on the air bar (I use it at night only) and around the filter
outputs, on the heater parts etc. Very rough texture. Would this be the
Cladophora?

this thing you think maybe called Rhizoclonium ate my Java Moss.  Not much
of the plant left from my attempts to pull the algae out.  Seemed to
either deplete the life of the Moss or to obsure the light, but the Java
Moss never took off and turned dull then brown from the beginning.  It is
the only plant that has failed to thrive, so far, in my tank.

Tell me about the bleach treatment. Any ideas on the "Rhizoclonium?",
besides the FFF?

thanks again,
troi