Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V4 #311

At 03:48 PM 5/28/00 -0400, James P wrote:
>to raise the KH to around 4 to prevent a potentially disasterous drop
>in pH (add a bit of baking soda to the water

Does anybody but me worry about adding sodium salts to gain a desired anion
or chloride salts to gain a desired cation?   Wouldn't we be better off
with potassium in place of the sodium and with bicarbonate in place of the
chloride???????

--
Jobe's Fern and Palm Spikes FREE        http://www.wcf.com/pam