Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V4 #286

Collecting can be dangerous! While collecting in Thailand, Malaysia, India
and other venues, I've been chased by rhinos, attacked by cobras and kraits
and had other close calls. Undoubtably, if I had been travelling on my own,
I might not be telling you this. I suggest that in all cases cooperating
with the government, hiring local guides (I often go with collectors from a
reputable exporter) is the best way to do this. Afterall waking up to a King
Cobra perched on your sleeping bag is not an ideal way to start the day.