Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V4 #292

I recently had a case of Ich in my planted tank that killed a Discus and
nearly wiped out all of my Cardinals.

The tank was 86o (yes, that warm) and the ich prospered. It also became
present in my tank at work which was running at 84o and it prospered. The
cure was "Quick-cure" ( I recommend the 50% does as well) and three solid
days in total darkness.

With 15 years of tank experience, and 10 of those with Discus, I never
_ever_  though I would see ich in a Discus Tank (or any tank that warm). The
wide-spread assumption is that Ich dies at 80o+. Ich can live, and even
thrive, in these temperatures.

My experience.

- Jeff