Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V4 #292

 Date: Thu, 18 May 2000 16:45:23 -0400
 From: Dinyar Lalkaka <lalkaka at bellatlantic_net>
 Subject: Good "Chinese Algae Eaters" do exist!

<<  Hi all,
    There's been a lot of discussion of late on algae eaters, SAEs vs. FFF in
    particular. And of course, we all know that so-called "Chinese Algae
Eaters"
    are neither Chinese nor algae eaters, but simply bad news. >>

Hi All,
    Why does everyone use these misleading names and abbreviations?  As a
Killifish keeper of some thirty odd years FFF for the Jordanella floridae
gripes me to no end.  While American Flag Fish is the accepted common name,
J. floridae or J.flo would seem much better to me.

Allen McNealy