Elocharis minima=mystery plant

The plant I have been trying to identify is almost
positively Elocharis minima (spelling?).  It looks
cool and has been growing "slowly but surely".  New
plants grow from the tips of older leaves, and it's
much thinner than the acicularis species.  Does anyone
have experience with this one?  It's in the Baensch
Atlas (volume 2?).  How is this for eventual trade
bait?

Also, I would very much like to know how the driftwood
in the tank on the back cover of the first Amano book
can be covered with a rather nice looking algae while
the rest of the tank is spotless.

Later guys, and, for the sake of my lowly self, please
be nice to each other, Cavan.