Flag fish

In a tank filled with snails and thread algae I've hed them
quietly eat 6 pairs of Aphyosemion australe. I don't trust
them wuith fish smaller than they are. I havn't found
them to be particularly good algae eaters.

http://images.aquaria.net/users/r/rsexton/20-1/image2s.jpg

This a a 20 tall, viewed long-ways. The pair of flag fish
were introduced when there was very little thread algae.

6 months later this photo was taken. They didn't even come
close to controlling it top say nothing of eradicating it.

I've been similarly disaoppointed with bumbleee shrimp.
from a tiny strand of thread algae in my Crypt. pygmaeae
tank I now have a nice ball of the stuff.

Bleach time...

--
Richard J. Sexton                                         richard at aquaria_net
Maitland House, Bannockburn, Ontario, Canada, K0K 1Y0       +1 (613) 473 1719