Re: SAEs VS. F-lorida F-lag F-ish

> Date: Wed, 17 May 2000 09:42:22 -0400
> From: Dwight <boukmn at mindspring_com>
> Subject: Re:  SAEs VS. F-lorida F-lag F-ish / the 'ole ball-'an-chain
>
>  SAEs VS. F-lorida F-lag F-ish
> =====================
>
> Yes Miller Man, I've been a List-lurker long enough to know there are false
> SAEs w/ that sucker mouth.  As long as the
> "black-line-goes-to-the-tip-of-tail" you're ok.

Not true, by a long shot. Sorry.

The "False SAE" or Flying Fox has a good dark line clear to the fork of the
caudal also. He may nibble a little soft algae, but is otherwise just an
ornament.

SAEs do not have a "sucker mouth," at all. They are barbs with a somewhat
downturned mouth.

The Flying Fox is more gold-bronze, and has some dark markings in the
unpaired fins. Those fins are quite clear on SAEs, while the general body
color is more gray, with scale-edge lines making distinct reticulation on
their backs.

Wright

--

         "DEMOCRACY" is two wolves and a lamb voting on lunch.
     "LIBERTY" is a well-armed lamb denying enforcement of the vote.