Utricularia (was Re: Litricularia Gibba sp.??)

> Date: Wed, 17 May 2000 08:47:33 -0400 (EDT)
> From: Shawn Prescott <fishvet at shado_jaguNET.com>
> Subject: Litricularia Gibba sp.??
>
> I wonder if anyone has knowledge of the plant Litricularia Gibba? This
> species is listed in the original Amano book (Japanese edition) Nature's
> Aquarium World on pages 228-229. The only plant in the scene that might be
> it, is the one in the top right corner as far as I can make out.
>
> However this to me looks like Micranthemum micranthemomoides. Is there a
> synonym for Litricularia? Any information would be welcomed.

Try *Utricularia* and you may find it easier.

It's a Bladderwort, carnivorous plant. It grows in a fine-thread tangle.

Those pages don't appear in the English version, so I can't see what you are
talking about. It generally looks about half way between Java moss and green
hair algae. :-)

Wright

--

         "DEMOCRACY" is two wolves and a lamb voting on lunch.
     "LIBERTY" is a well-armed lamb denying enforcement of the vote.