Re: Clown Pleco Plant Damage

I had a rubin sword that outgrew my thirty gallon tank
recently.  The other problem was that unless I
remembered to drop in something for him, my clown
pleco would scour a leaf or two each night so that
they looked clearish and all full of nicks and holes.
It used to do the same thing to blehri swords.

Yes, these fish will damage sword plant leaves if
there is little algae left to feed on.  I think
they're probably an overrated algae consumer anyway.