pleco damage

Folks,

I have a tank with two clown pleco's.  A couple months ago I transplated
an Echinodorus "Rose" into the tank and a couple weeks later started
seeing damage on the leaves.  I eventually associated the damage with the
pleco's.

I've had these little clown pleco's for 7 or 8 years and I've never really
blamed them for plant damage.  Has anyone else kept these guys and found
that they do damage plants?

If so, it might explain some of the other weird problems I've had in this
tank.

Roger Miller