SAE's and other Crossocheilus species

I've had an SAE for a while and have yet too see it pick at any algaes.  The
poor fellow is spoiled on the other foods left out for the catfish to feed
on and content to let the hair algaes proliferate.  However I recently
picked up a _Crossocheilus latius_ and must say, it's performance is not
bad.  He was quite a bit skinnier than the SAE when purchased so it may be
an unfair comparison, but it has been caught nibbling tufts of hair algaes
loose and consuming them.  Mind you it's only a matter of time before he
picks up that there's better fare available :(