Re: What is hairgrass?

I'm sorry for being a pau, ign'rant Europeen, but could someone tell me
what hairgrass is? I only have references using scientific names and
it's terribly difficult to be sure what you're all talking about. In
future, would it be possible to refer to not only common(sic) names but
also, whereever possible, scientific names. This is a serious point as
some of the other readers may not be reading in their mother tongue.
Is this hairgrass one of the echinodorus, if so which one?
Colin