Strange ambulia leaves

I have lots of ambulia in my tank and love it and it goes nuts... I have to
trim it nearly once a week to keep it in check.  Anyway when I got it on of
the stems had strange leaves on it.  The new growth up the top is the normal
ambulia growth (upside down umbrella, pinate leaves) but under this all
along the stem is weird leaves.. its like 1/2 upside down umbrellas have
formed and have not gone pinate.. theya re still like big chunky leaves with
a few 'fingers'.. its really strange.. anyone else ever seen this ?

Cheers,
Jon Hammond