re dwarf Neon Rainbow

what a load of rubbish.
Praecox are not vicious and anybody who has kept them will atone to that. I
have been keeping Various rainbows over the last 30 years but at the moment
only keep 46 varieties as I like to keep each variety in a separate species
tank and tanks are limited.  With rainbows you have to make sure that your
PH and GH is stable and also remember that rainbows prefer water that is
slightly alkaline and rather hard.
I know this goes against various writings on rainbows and even when I
collected them myself in New Guinea I found that most of the water I
collected them in was soft but in a tank situation they prefer water of at
least 100ppm. and a PH of minimum 7.00 but higher of possible.
cheers
Neil
ANGFA member
Melbourne