Bleaching flourite

Hey all,

Would bleaching Flourite destroy its chemistry and render it useless in
regards to its
iron-bearing property? In the past, my tanks developed brush algae.  I am in
the process of setting up a new tank from scratch, making sure to bleach
everything (plants, gravel, equipment, etc...).  I tossed out the previous
substrate and have decided to go with a half Flourite / half gravel
substrate combo, but the more I think about it, I am leaning toward a 100%
flourite bed. In the event that the brush algae begins to grow over the
Flourite, I would want to eliminate it asap, and from experience, only
bleaching can do this (although I've heard of starving it to death which
I've never observed). Any comments?

Ashley

Staying home today because it's too hot to drive to the office.