Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V4 #277

Quick question:  I used flourite when I set up my tank (125 gallons - I used 50lbs).  The plants grew very well for about one year.  Now things seem to be in slow growth mode allowing for algae.  I change the bulbs (VHO 360 total watts) every 10 months.  I have alot of fish (about 80 or so - mostly tetras, corys, and few small cichlids).  I do water changes at least 70% weekly.

Does the flourite "wear" out?  Should I start using fertilizers (I didn't before)?  Any thoughts?

thanks.

Rich D'Ottavio
rdotta7777 at aol_com