Re: unknown eggs

>Date: Thu, 11 May 2000 09:48:17 -0400
>From: "Matthew R. Sprague" <mspragu2 at twcny_rr.com>
>Subject: unknown eggs
>
>I have some unusual eggs that have appeared in my new 55 gallon planted tank.

>These eggs are about 3 to 4 times the size of an osmocote pellet. They are

>single eggs and evenly dispersed around the tank. They are clear on the outside

>with a flesh colored embryo inside. The inhabitants of the tank are as follows.<snip>

They are osmocote pellets. Drove me crazy for months figuring it out in my tanks,
because they do look exactly like eggs with an embryo. drop a few pellets in
a glass of water and watch 'em grow into 'eggs'. I finally figured it out when
i read the osmocote box which describes how the pellets work.

http://www.nwlink.com