Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V4 #276

At 03:48 AM 5/11/2000 -0400,  ROlesen104 at aol_com observed:
>My new 9 day old tank is overgrown with this brownish threadlike algae.

I wonder if this is some kind of filamentous diatom?

Anyway, my first guess would be low nitrate/potassium.   Have you had your
water tested?   If it is straight from the tap can you get info from your
water company?  You could try a little stump puller (potassium nitrate)
unless you already have lots of fish in there.  Maybe a little Seachem
Equilibrium too, since I notice your water is soft.
--
Jobe's Fern and Palm Spikes FREE        http://www.wcf.com/pam