RE:CO2 manifold

><<  Adding another tank? For 19$ and a T and another male 1" threaded
> pipe you can add CO2 to a tank with ease. A similar approach can be done
> with High Pressure disc set ups also. >>
>

>Tom,
>
>How far of a run have you done off one of these manifolds?

Depends on how far you want to go pretty much:) Just add a nice brass pipe
or some inert metal gas line, just like they do for your natural gas.
There's some special hosing also but silicone tubing ain't bad either. If I
was going over say, 10-15 feet I would certainly use a small pipe(3/8-1/4 or
so) to an outlet near the plant tank.

 Most of the time
>when people talk about doing multiple tanks - I picture a group of tanks in
>one room - like a fish room. But what about tanks all throughout the house? I
>was personally thinking of getting a 40lb CO2 delivered to the garage area,
>using one reg and a manifold such as you describe and then running tubing all
>over the house perhaps through the attic to different locations. Sounds
>feasible and economical but we're talking multiple 75 ft plus runs here.
>Should work in theory - but anyone ever actually tried this? Lota room for
>leaks stretching things out that far

No leaks if you install it right! Metal pipe + teflon tape on all threads.
Make sure all components are sealed well by placing some soapy water on the
possible leak spots. A bubble says you have a leak. No bubble, no leak. Make
it like you would if you were adding a natural gas line, hopefully your
natural gas doesn't leak too!

 - plus fine tuning the system might
>prove a little cumbersome. Like maybe waiting half a day to see the result of
>a half turn on a needle valve or a 1lb increase in psi. Probably take 2 lbs
>of CO2 just to pressurize the system.

As long as there's pressure in the tank it should be fairly even throughout
the manifold. This should be an issue really if you have rigid tubing and
good seals.

BTW what type of tubing - silicone or
>hey, maybe PVC?  Comments?

Metal gas pipe would be my choice, then PVC sch 80, then silicone would be
last but all work. You'd just lose gas and not have as good pressure due to
the flexing of the silicone as it pressurizes and the PVC a little but the
metal wouldn't much, if at all. If it's going to be an intetgral part of the
house, do it right the first time. Silicone doesn't lose much gas but does
lose some. I'm not sure about PVC but I'd doubt much would be lost with the
Sch80 and it would be awful rigid giving it a good response to added
pressure with little flexing. I still vote for the metal pipe. Pass on the
silicone.

Perhaps this answered some of your questions? Hope so! Have fun putting
planted tanks all over your house rather than hidden in some "fish room"
somewhere! It's a much better place for the tanks IMO.

Regards,
Tom Barr