Lowering KH with H2SO4???

I need to tap the brains of one of you chemists out there.  I want to know if
Sulphuric Acid (H2SO4) would be suitable for lowering KH?  I have noticed
that swimming pool acid appears to be nothing more than 38.5% H2SO4, with
"inert ingredients" being 61.5%.  I presume these inert ingredients are
nothing more than water?  Swimming pool acid is relatively cheap, and comes
in gallon jugs.  I have been buying commercial water acidifiers to lower KH
in expensive small bottles, and I notice they appear to be nothing more than
Hydrochloric Acid (HCl).  Would there be any particular disadvantage to
trying this with Sulphuric Acid?  Also, assuming I have 10 gallons of water
with a KH of 8, and wanted to lower it to KH 4, approximately how much 38.5%
H2SO4 would be required?  Thanks in advance for the help!