Update on algae

I went and bough a huge bag of filter floss today and took 1/2 the media out
of my Eheim and packed it with filter floss. I was horrified when I switched
the filter back on and saw a huge murky white sludge being pumped into my
tank.  After quickly turning off the filter and taking out 60% of the water
I ran it into a bucket just to be sure and put it back in my tank and its
now running clear.  I sure hope its fine enough to filter out the algae.

On another note I asked this in my last post but has anyone else experienced
bristle nose catfish eating pygmy chain swords.  I am nearly 100% sure they
are the culprits so what can I do about it ??

Cheers,
Jon Hammond