[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
dwarf hairgrass in So. Cal.
- To: Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com
- Subject: dwarf hairgrass in So. Cal.
- From: Heide Li <boingy at ugcs_caltech.edu>
- Date: Fri, 5 May 2000 09:44:49 -0700
- In-Reply-To: <200005050748.DAA26459 at actwin_com>; from Aquatic-Plants-Owner at actwin_com on Fri, May 05, 2000 at 03:48:01AM -0400
- References: <200005050748.DAA26459 at actwin_com>
Here in Southern Cal I've often found a nice, non-branching
variety of hairgrass (don't know the scientific name unfortunately)
at PetCo, of all places. It's sold potted in rockwool, stays
1-4 inches high. It can take a while for the plant to form
a nice carpet but when it does it looks great. In my sand
over kitty litter tank it stays about 2 inches high.
It's a mystery to me that several times now I've seen these
pristine-looking pots of hairgrass in the midst of other
BGA-smothered plants in the PetCo tanks.